The beach of Poniente stands out for its white sand and its promenade, designed by Carlos Ferrater, who has been awarded and recognized worldwide. With more than 1,200 meters of wavy walk you can see 22 different shades of color on the pavement. From here you can clearly see two of the highest buildings on the Skyline of Benidorm : El Bali and Intempo or admire the city from another point of view. It is better known as the sunset beach.
Located in the south of Benidorm, it goes from the marina to the cove of Finestrat. It is not as popular and not as crowded as the Levante, but its greatest treasure, along with its famous and modern promenade, are the wonderful sunsets that can be seen from it.
With its three kilometers of Golden sand, its modern promenade, perfect for a nice walk or running, and a full range of services and leasure facilities, Poniente has become a very popular urban beach . It is one of the most popular blue flag beaches in Benidorm, just below Levante Beach.
It is perfect a perfect place to enjoy a quiet sunbathing (its quite crowded in summer, though) or a walk by the sea. Lots of new bars, restaurants and shops contribute to the reborn of this beautiful beach where you can enjoy all year through holidays for families, couples or Friends.
It starts near the old town and is easy to reach on foot. Acces to the beach bycar is really easy but parking during summer season is quite difficult.
The sand is really clean, local authorities clean it everyday, The slope of entrance to the sea is light, making it perfect for kids´security and more relaxing for families.
The valuable characteristics of sand, water, environmental aspects, general services, such as access to disabled people, lifeguards and security guards, make it one of the most important beaches in Europe, as well as being awarded year after year with the prestigious blue flag.
- Length: 3,100 metres.
- Average Width: 74 metres.
- Maximum width: 105 metres.
- Minimum width: 33 metres.
- Sand Area: 146,239 m2.
- Foot showers: 89 modules of 2 pipes/taps
- Litter Bins on beach: 145
- Litter Bins on Promenade: 54
- Parasols (11 months): 440 in 10 areas.
- Sun Loungers (11 months): 1,700 in 10 areas.
- Floating platforms (July-September): 1
- First aid stations: 2 (easter to october)
- Life Guard surveillance positions (Summer) points: 5 and 2 in other periods.
- Life Guard timetable: summer 9.00-20.00; winter 10.00-17.00
- Playgrounds: 6
- Area of sports and recreational activities: 12
- Security flags: 5
- Boarded walkway access: 45
- Ecological toilet cabins: 15
- Beach-Library: 1
- Disabled accessible point: 2